How do I create a new list?
In the top right hand corner of your My Wishpot page click on 'New List' and follow the instructions.
Is there a limit to the number of lists I can have?
There is no limit to the number of lists you can have. You can create a list for every topic, mood or interest. And if you keep your lists public, the Wishpot community can be inspired by your shopping finds.
What types of lists can I create?
- Wish List This list is for items you want. Wish Lists are interactive, allowing Wishpot members or anyone you share your wish list URL with to reserve items. Wish lists are also special in that they allow gifts to be purchased as surprises, ideal for Christmas and Birthdays.
- Wedding Registry This list is for nearly weds. Wedding Registries are interactive and both members and non members can reserve items.
- Baby Registry This list is for expecting and new parents. Baby Registries are interactive and both members and non members can reserve items.
- Gift Ideas This list helps you plan your gift giving for others, and they can be annotated with the person you're thinking of buying the gift for. Many people choose not to keep these lists public, and use them more like notes for themselves.
- Shopping List Use this list to track items you're thinking of getting yourself. Shopping lists do not have traditional registry actions (ex. mark as reserved, quantity desired, etc).
- Pick List Use this list to give 5 star ratings and recommend items to others: fave products, styles or gadgets. This is also not a registry-type list and does not support gift reservations, priority, quantity desired, etc. It's simplified to allow you to simply recommend items.
- Product List (available to vendors only): Use this list if you are a vendor or merchant and have uploaded your product feed.
Is there a way for me to set event information (ex. baby name, wedding date) on my list?
Absolutely - the different list types (above) have different options for the types of additional information you can add to your list. This information is visible at the top of your list when guests view it.
To set this information, hover over the list graphic and click 'List Settings'. For lists with advanced information like this, there will be an additional tab, such as "Baby Profile" where you can fill out the additional information.
NOTE: If you don't see the information you'd like to configure here, there are two other ways you can promote custom information on your list. One is by filling out the list description (on the "basic info" tab), which is then going to be visible at the top of all of your lists. Another is to fill out the "About me" on your profile. That will be visible at the top of your main wishpot page, and will also be visible on your list page(s) if the lists themselves don't have descriptions.
How do I make a list private?
On your My Wishpot page, next to the list graphic click, 'settings'. Under basic info you'll see 'visible to' check 'Private' and click the Save Button. All items in this list will now only be visible to the list owner. You can choose to share a private list or item.
If I make a list private, can I still share it with specific people?
Yes! Sometimes people prefer to keep their lists out of search engines, and marking them as private or friends-only will achieve that. However, you can still share that list with specific people by grabbing a special list URL from the side of your list. This URL will allow someone to access the list even if it's private.
You should make sure never to post this link on the web, otherwise search engines will also be able to access it.
How do I delete a list?
On your My Wishpot page, hover over the list graphic and click 'Delete'.
How do I change an existing Wishpot list into a different list type such as a Wish List or Pick List?
On your My Wishpot page, hover over the list graphic and click 'List Settings'. Under basic info you'll see 'what kind of list is this' check the desired list type and click the Save Button.
How do I change the title of my list?
On your My Wishpot page, hover over the list graphic and click 'List Settings'. Under basic info you'll see 'name your list' Enter the title you'd like and click the Save Button.
I already have a Wish List on Amazon. Can I import it into Wishpot?
Not any longer. As of October 15, 2010 Amazon has discontinued support for exporting lists into other services.